X

Subscribe To Our Mailing List

P.S I will never spam you...100% GUARANTEED!

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Change base address wcf

Wow !!! today i had first vision towards WCF technology its seems to be very interesting. I was scratching my head from last 2 hours and got the solution and by seeing the solution i myself got ashamed…..

The funny thing started from here -


Change base address wcf
















Here I am trying to create a new WCF project and here I have the options
1)      WcfServiceLibrary
2)      WcfService Application
3)      Wcf Workflow Service Application
4)      Syndication Service Library
I am choosing “WcfServiceLibrary” because I wanted a dll to be created and I am hosting WCF in self-hosting method.
Now look at the app.config which is been created by default,
Change base address wcf














This is the config file generated and the default base address generated is
 Which is using Http binding, Now suppose I want to change the base address to
I tried this but I was getting this error
“Please try changing the HTTP port to 8732 or running as Administrator.”
Then after googling this I got some links which could help me to resolve this issue and finally it got solved by running visual studio in Administrator mode.
Change base address wcf

Running as administrator will allow you to run the service on any port.
After doing this automatically everything  worked !!!!
Isn’t  that funny.. yes it is….


Hope it helps…..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Section